From the very beginnings of Saint Joseph’s Oratory, Brother André surrounded himself with faithful friends. With their participation, he was able to build a small chapel in 1904, then complete the Crypt Church in 1917, and begin construction of the Basilica in 1924.
In 1954, as a way of getting to know its benefactors, Saint Joseph’s Oratory created the Associates of Brother André, which additionally includes the Grand Associates of Brother André and the Rector’s Circle. Even today, this great family of benefactors is growing. To thank, in an appropriate way, our donors who are ensuring the continued mission of Brother André, Saint Joseph’s Oratory is putting into place a recognition program which now features several categories of benefactors, each offering special privileges :
- The Friends of Brother André
- The Associates of Brother André
- The Grand Associates of Brother André which include the Distinguished Grand Associates and the Eminent Grand Associates
- The Rector’s Circle
- The Guardians of the Oratory
FOR MORE INFORMATION
To obtain the Oratory’s recognition program brochure, or for more information, contact :
A few memories from the Rector’s Circle annual meeting on May 1, 2018.
FROM OUR BLOG
From Friends to Associates…
By David Bureau
Archivist, Roland-Gauthier Archive and Documentation Centre
Brother André’s passing on January 6, 1937, sent shockwaves through Quebec society. It also spawned a support network for the continuation of his work, which is still in operation today…
Read the article